The 60-inch cyclotron at the U of California's Lawrence Radiation Lab soon after its completion in mid-1939.Key figures in the development of the cyclotron. Left to right: Dr. Luis W. Alvarez, Dr. W.D. Coolidge, William Brobeck, Dr. Donald Cooksey, Dr Edwin McMillan, and E.O. Lawrence.
These twin hyperbolic cooling towers, 43 stories tall, are an integral part of the plant developed by the Bechtel Corporation at the 913-Mwe. Rancho Seco Nuclear Station in California. Circa 1974.